Planning Begins for 2011 Christmas on the Lake
Avette Gaiser operator of the Hidden Cove Bed and Breakfast had a recent conversation with neighbor Nancy Earl that spurred them into action. These two Devils Lake residents wish to put some holiday cheer on the calendar for Devils Lake next Christmas. To that end, anyone interested in planning lake events for the Christmas season of 2011 should attend their kickoff meeting.
Date: January 16, 2011, p.m. Time: 2:00 p.m.
Location: 3445 NE 40th Ct. (Lower Unit) Hidden Cove Bed and Breakfast
Some preliminary ideas:
- A lighted boat parade
- A Christmas tree lighting at “D” Wayside
- A Mr. and Mrs. Santa photo opportunity in a lighted boat
- Guided tours of the lake
- Caroling around the lake
- Community choir participation
- Lighted homes contest of lakefront properties with a cash award
- A Santa canoe or kayak race with guys and gals dressed in Santa suits
Other planning opportunities exist for lake events during the year. Interested in starting some Fourth of July traditions come and express your ideas, its all about making life on Devils Lake as rich an experience as possible.