Director, Position 2, 4-year term ending June 30, 2015
The Mission of the Devils Lake Water Improvement District is to:
- Improve and maintain water quality
- Improve the environment for fish, wildlife and humans
- Increase public access to Devils Lake
- Reestablish safe and efficient navigation
I live on Devils Lake on the Lincoln County east side, and have a passion for using my kayaks and two Hobie Cat sailboats on a beautiful lake, free of weeds, algae and sewage.
During my residency on Devils Lake I have kept informed on issues that face the lake as well as the plans that are in place to address them through my attendance at the majority of DLWID board meetings and serving on the budget committee.
I would like the opportunity to provide my experience in coastal engineering to the DLWID as a Board Member.
- Young 67 year old sailor, diver, surfer and duck feeder.
- Retired Corps of Engineers Coastal Engineer with over two decades experience in planning, engineering, operation and maintenance of coastal and harbor structures as well as erosion, dredging operations and environmental concerns.
- Over two decades a member of Marin County, Calif., “Bolinas Lagoon Technical Advisory Committee” helping guide environmental groups in planning for the future of a shoaling coastal lagoon.
- Member of Corps of Engineers’ Coastal Engineering Research Program, Coastal Inlets Research Program, Dredging Research Program, Lidar Program (w / Canada), Coastal Structures Advisory Group and other groups.